A simply web-software which calculate some usefull data
Tuesday 30 March 2010, by
Today, I will present my first software : TTools V2.0.
This web-software allows you to calculate some usefull data which are :
- -Linear speed (max and in charge)
- -Torque (in charge and max)
- -Mechanical power (on motor, on wheels)
- -Electrical power
- -Lost power (mechanical and electrical)
- -Efficiency (motors and drivetrain)
- -General efficiency of the vehicule
- -Autonomy (normal use and in charge)
- -Usefull angles (approach, departure and clearance)
Instructions For Use
To calculate this data, it’s very simple :
- -Choose your motor(s) and the number of motor(s)
- -Choose your battery (9V or 7V) and capacity
- -Choose your gears
- -Enter dimensions of your vehicule (wheels base, wheels diameter...)
- -Press "Calculate the data"
About TTools V2.0 - Calculation
- Linear Speed : functions of type of motors, battery , gear reductions and wheel diameter.
- Torque : functions of type of motors, number and gear reductions.
- Electrical power : functions of type of motor(s) and number.
- Mechanical power : functions of type of motors, number and drivetrain
- Efficiency of drivetrain : functions of gears (worm, knob, spur, bevel)
- General efficiency : functions of motor(s) and drivetrain efficiency.
- Lost mechanical power : functions of drivetrain : Worm screw and Knob gears reduce the efficiency. The software detects worm gears, knob gears and spur gears automaticaly.
- Clearing Abilities : functions of dimensions of your vehicule. It’s based on trigonometrical functions.
Normally, the software doesn’t bug if you try absurd values. By the way, if you have bugs, please leave a comment to inform me. Also, this software is under development so if you need other usefull calculated data, please ask me ;)
Note regarding the climbing abilities : At the moment, it’s too complicate to calculate the climbing abilities angle, causes lot of complicated values (wheel, grip, weight distribution, type of constructions, bearing systems friction and roll friction).